At times your coils or curls just won't act right and it's difficult to make them shine and behave. These are the tell-tell signs that it's time to remove the old, dulling residue and make a fresh clean start, but without dehydrating your hair.
- Make sure to detangle completely during either the shampoo step or the conditioning step, while the hair is soaking wet and saturated with the lather or conditioner. Use a wide toothed comb or, if you prefer, a paddle brush. Only after detangling should you proceed to the final rinse.
- While shampooing, keep hair in a smooth downward alignment as you lather. Doing otherwise, (bunching, scrubbing, vigorous scrunching, etc.), may cause extensive tangling.
- If you want to cleanse your hair and scalp and don't have a significant amount of product build-up or oil to remove, here's a great way to maximize moisture! Cleanse with As I Am Cleansing Pudding + Sulfate-Free Moisturizing Cleanser,(low poo), or As I Am Coconut Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner (no poo).This will keep your hair wonderfully hydrated!
As I Am Curl Clarity Shampoo
- Wet hair thoroughly.
- Gently massage into lather throughout hair and scalp.
- Rinse well.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Follow with conditioning. Use either As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioning Treatment or As I Am Leave-In Conditioner.
Use as needed on an intermittent basis with the other As I Am cleansers: Cleansing Pudding+ Sulfate-Free Moisturizing Cleanser for the Hair & Scalp and Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner.